History

Learn more about the history of the Library and the University Librarians.

ANU Chifley Library

History (1948 - 1975) »

The University Library had its beginnings in the borrowed temporary accommodation, Wyselaskie Hall in Ormond College, at the University of Melbourne in 1948.  The 40,000-strong collection was relocated to what were then the Old Canberra Hospital buildings on the university site in 1950. In Keith...