Staff in all Library locations can help eligible users by collecting books from the shelves, arranging for books to be brought from other buildings, and assisting in the use of the Library's online catalogue and in the use of electronic services.
Reserved parking spaces are close to the entrance of most Library locations for people with restricted mobility.
- Chifley Library–Baldessin Precinct Parking Station.
- Hancock Library–near the side entrance, off Biology Place.
- Law Library–in the pay as you go carpark next to the Law Library or in the Coombs Building carpark.
- R.G. Menzies Building–at the front entrance of the Menzies Library
- Art & Music Library–at rear of building, entry via courtyard.
The ANU interactive map shows the current location of accessible car parking on campus. Read more about accessibility parking on campus
Wheelchair access to the Chifley Library is via the ramp and through the main entrance doors.
Lift access is available in the Chifley, Hancock, Menzies and Law Library locations. In Chifley, Hancock and Law Library locations, the lifts have controls accessible at wheelchair height and raised lettering controls.
As lifts cannot be used in the case of fire or similar emergency, users who rely on the lift should notify Library staff when they enter and leave the buildings.
Disabled toilets are located in each Library location.
- Chifley Library–levels two and three (unisex)
- R.G. Menzies Building–level two (unisex)
- W.K. Hancock Building–level one (unisex)
- School of Law Building–level one, near the Law Link Lecture Theatre (Please note, this is not inside the Library).
Access and Inclusion provide a variety of assistive technology to students including software, hardware, venues equipped with hearing loop technology, and the Chifley Resource Room located on Level 3 in Chifley Library.
Students are required to register with Access and Inclusion before services can be provided.
The ANU Library can send Library material to the house address of eligible ANU students and staff as part of their off-campus service.
Document Supply Service
Library materials in formats suitable for people with disabilities-for example audio books-can be identified through Trove (National Library of Australia) and requested from Document Supply Services.
Maps & floor plans
Floor plans are available for all floors of the main Library locations. Printed versions are also available at Information Desks.
The ANU Library has a staff member located in the Chifley Library who can assist users with disabilities. If you have special concerns, please email the Associate Director Library Services, Heather Jenks.