ANU staff and students can request materials not held by the ANU Library from other libraries via the Document Supply Service (DSS). This includes books, CDs, DVDs or microforms, conference proceedings, theses, reports or copies of chapters, journal articles or other materials subject to copyright limits. Copies will be emailed whenever possible.
Loaned items can be picked up from your preferred ANU Library branch. ANU staff and students who are eligible and registered with the Off-campus Service can select OffCampus as their pickup location for physical resources to be delivered within Australia. Physical resources from other library’s can only be sent overseas with the permission of the lending library.
Before you request an item
1. Be a registered borrower with the ANU Library.
2. Check the Library catalogue to ensure the item is not held by the ANU Library.
3. Check Trove to see if the resource is available locally. Please note:
- ANU staff and students can borrow from many other university libraries in the ACT, Australia and New Zealand.
- National Library of Australia (NLA) resources can be viewed at the NLA but cannot be borrowed unless arranged as an interlibrary loan
4. Check if payment is required. Service costs will apply for:
- Rush requests (actioned within 2 working days)
- Overseas requests
- Undergraduate requests (if not available via ArticleReach)
Authorise payment by adding your department code or self (if paying personally) to the Special Instructions box on the request form or leave blank for DSS staff to quote costs before proceeding with the request. Payment is usually made on receipt of the item.
Requesting an item
- Log in using your name and barcode (for example E123456F) found on your ANU ID card or Library card.
- More information on ArticleReach is available for students and staff.
- Log in using your ANU ID and password.
- Search for the item required or use the “Create Request” function
- Complete details and Special Instructions as prompted
- Pick-up location: select a branch or OffCampus if you are eligible for the Off-Campus service
Registered external borrowers can email loan or copy requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Service costs apply.
For enquiries including requests for renewals and cancellations:
Document Supply Service
The Australian National University
5 Fellows Road, Law Library
Acton ACT 2601
P +61 (02) 6125 4630
F +61 (02) 6125 0734