The ANU Library provides access to the Library Collections via an Off-Campus Service to eligible staff and students unable to use the Library in Canberra.
Please note, you will need a current ANU ID card to make a request. If you are an off-campus student and do not have an ANU ID card, please complete the Application for a Student Card (distance students only) form (PDF, 516KB) and post the completed form to Student Information Services.
How to request Library material
Before ordering, check the Library Catalogue and complete one of the request forms below:
The Library will absorb the cost of postage for outgoing items, however it is your responsibility to cover return postage costs.
If your required item is not available in the Library Catalogue, visit Document Supply Services.
Who can use the off-campus service
To use the Off-Campus Service you must:
- be an ANU student or staff member who lives more than 60 kilometres from the ANU campus at Acton, ACT or
- is registered with the Disability Services Centre (regardless of your house address) or
- is a current staff member who is recommended by the Diversity & Inclusion Unit (regardless of your house address).
How to register
- Organise proof of enrolment—this can be your student card or a printout of your enrolment details from ISIS. If you experience any problems email Student Administration.
- Email or fax—02 6125 0734—enrolment details to the Off-Campus Service.
- The Off-Campus Service will update your Library record and provide you with a temporary barcode for accessing the services if needed.
Email the off-campus services unit to organise registration.
T: +61 (02) 6125 4630
F: +61 (0)2 6125 0734
The Australian National University Library
R.G. Menzies Building #2
Canberra ACT 0200