The ANU Library provides eligible ANU staff and students unable to use the Library in Canberra with access to ANU Library resources via the off-campus service.
We will supply physical ANU Library resources across Australia and internationally to registered ANU staff and students. If you require resources not held in the ANU Library, please place a request with the Document Supply Service.
To use the off-campus service you must:
- Be an ANU student or staff member who lives more than 60 kilometres from the ANU campus at Acton, ACT or
- Be registered with Access and Inclusion (regardless of your house address) or
- Be a current staff member who is recommended by Access & Inclusion (regardless of your house address) and
- Be a registered borrower with the ANU Library.
- If you are an off-campus student and don’t have an ANU ID card, visit the Student Information Services website and complete the application form.
- ANU staff can register by providing their ANU ID card or proof of employment at the Information Desk in any branch Library
How to register
- Email or fax proof of enrolment/employment and your residential address—this can be your ANU ID card or a printout of your enrolment/employment details—to the off-campus service.
- The off-campus service will update your Library record and provide you with a temporary barcode for accessing the services if needed.
How to request Library material
Before requesting, check the Library Catalogue and then complete one of the request forms below:
The Library will absorb the cost of postage for outgoing items, however it is your responsibility to cover return postage costs.
Building 5 Fellows Road
The Australian National University
Acton ACT 2601
P: +61 (02) 6125 4630
F: +61 (02) 6125 0734