Username & password
To use SciFinder Web, you must create your own username and password.
- Go to the SciFinder Web registration site. Note: This site must be accessed from an ANU IP address.
- Create your unique user id and password.
- Review the Step-by-step guide to creating your SciFinder Web account linked on this page.
- You will receive an email confirming your registration. Note: You must register with an ANU email account.
- Once registered, you can access SciFinder Web through the ANU Library's E-Resources and databases page.
Off-Campus access to SciFinder Web
Once you have your username and password, you can access SciFinder Web from off-campus through the reverse proxy.
Issues with SciFinder Web & Virtual
Some browsers will produce an error message when trying to access SciFinder Web via Virtual. If you see a message advising you that Virtual's security certificate is incorrect, simply click through to the SciFinder Web site, or create an exception for the SciFinder Web site.