In this challenging year where students and academics need to access the library collection in different ways, the ANU Library is delighted to announce a new service that will make our resources more readily available where and when they are needed.
We have listened to feedback from the ANU community, including through the SWiRL, WHiRRL and TWiRL surveys. We are working hard to implement your suggestions for improvements to our services!
During the COVID-19 remote study and work period, we experimented with delivery from closed libraries for pick-up from the Chifley Library.
We now formally launch a “Click & Collect” service for ANU academics and postgraduate and honours students. You can request monographs from any ANU Library branch (including the print repository) which will then be delivered to the WK Hancock or JB Chifley Library for you to collect anytime. Both these libraries are open 24/7, so should you need to collect your books at midnight or noon or any time in between, you can come in and use the self-checkout machines to borrow them.
How does it work?
- Search for the item you require through the ANU Library Catalogue
- If the item is eligible, a ‘Click & Collect’ link will appear next to the Location
- Click the link, log in using your ANU ID and password, and fill in the retrieval request (selecting either Hancock or Chifley Library as the collection location)
- A confirmation will be sent to your ANU email, and another when your item/s are ready to be borrowed
- The item will be delivered to the hold shelves in your nominated pickup location within 3 working days. Requests will not be processed on weekends or public holidays
- Use the self-checkout machines to borrow your items
When you have finished with your item/s, they can be returned to any of our library branches. The external return chutes are accessible 24/7.
If you have any questions about the Click & Collect service, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 6125 4428
Your feedback makes a difference – please continue to send us suggestions for service improvements.