The ANU Library is pleased to welcome ANU staff and students back on campus for Semester 2!
All five ANU Library Branches are open and our staff are available to provide assistance.
We are very excited that the Law Library will be open 24/7 during Semester 2, beginning at 9am on 26 July 2021. This means three of our branches – Chifley, Hancock, and Law - are accessible to you at any time, via swipe card access.
We also have extended access to our Menzies and Art & Music branches during the Semester:
- Art & Music will be open until 8pm on Tuesday nights
- Menzies will be open until 8pm on Wednesday nights, and from 1-7pm on Saturdays.
Opening hours for all Library Branches are available on our website.
Orientation Week at the ANU Library
To help you get to know the ANU Library, we are offering a range of different tours and sessions (including in-person and online).
- Branch tours help you navigate the physical and reserve collections, and find computers, printers, group study rooms and other facilities within each branch.
- Branch information sessions introduce you to the services available in your specialised branch, and includes a virtual tour of the Library catalogue and electronic resources. These are run via Zoom.
- ANU Library start webinars are designed to give you everything you need to know to start using the ANU Library. These are run via Zoom.
- Discovery tours are a fun and interactive exploration of our physical branches that you complete on your own, or with your friends, using mobile devices. So, don’t forget to bring your phone, iPad, or tablet!
- 19 July 10am
- 20 July 1pm
- 21 July 10am (Discovery tour – self guided!)
- 22 July 3pm
- 23 July 10am
- 26 July 2pm
- 30 July 11am
Art & Music
Online sessions (run via Zoom)
- ANU Library Start Webinars 20 July 10am, 22 July 12pm and 28 July 3pm
- Art & Music information sessions 20 and 27 July 2pm
- Hancock information sessions 20 July 2pm, 21 July 11.30am and 28 July 5pm
If you are just getting started, we would recommend looking over our online orientation webpage, for tips to get the most out of your experience with the ANU Library.
The Australian National University is dedicated to creating a COVID-safe community. Whilst every effort will be made to run Semester 2 orientation services and activities in-person, this is dependent upon the evolving COVID-19 situation. Should the ANU come under greater restrictions, please be prepared for online engagement. We are working hard to prepare such engagement options ahead of time to ensure a smooth transition, and the best possible experience for all students.