ANU Library staff continue to work with suppliers and publishers in Australia and overseas to rebuild the JB Chifley Library collections lost in the 2018 flooding incident.
More than 32,000 items have been replaced so far and are available for your use. A complete list of flood replacement titles is accessible through the ANU Library catalogue.
Recent flood replacement acquisitions include:
- Scanned digital PDF images of George Augustus Robinson papers replacing 46 microfilm reels lost in the flood – a significant resource in the field of Australian ethno history and an important cultural repository for South Eastern Indigenous communities.
- The Times Literary Supplement Historical Archive, 2015-2019 – this add-on online module has been purchased to replace the print issues lost in the flood and to extend our existing archive covering the years 1902-2014. A rich resource for following the developments of debate, opinion and perspective.
- Theologische Realenzyklopädie Online - an exact reproduction of the 36 print volume set lost in the flood. This is a unique internationally-oriented reference work representing the present state of theological research as a whole.
- The Dictionary of Australian artists: painters, sketchers, photographers and engravers to 1870 / edited by Joan Kerr – a comprehensive reference work focusing on the Australian colonial period, containing over a million words describing some 3,000 artists.
We would like to thank all the donors who have so generously contributed 3,362 replacement titles to the Library since the 2018 flooding incident. All these items have been catalogued and are available for loan in the JB Chifley Library.
HathiTrust Digital Library
Over 1,000 title lost in the flood are accessible through the HathiTrust Digital Library website. HathiTrust is a partnership of academic and research institutions, offering a collection of millions of titles digitised from libraries around the world. To access the database:
- go to the e-resources and databases A-Z listing on the Library website
- enter the name of the database in the Search by title search box and select Go
- if you are off campus or on a personal device, you may be prompted to login using your UniID and password.
Visit the 'Using the Digital Library' help page for frequently asked questions about accessing and using HathiTrust.