Each year on 14 February, libraries around the country celebrate Library Lovers' Day. It is a day to honour libraries and librarians, and to acknowledge the huge role that libraries play in our education, research and lives.
What do you love about the ANU Library? Share your special stories, memories or photos with us on our social media accounts!
Here are some of your responses:
- “I love my secret study spot in the Menzies Library!” (ANU student)
- “The staff are so helpful, I swear I didn’t even know how to research until I finally went to the library and asked for help” (past ANU student)
- “The huge number of students and the noise in O-Week – it’s such a buzz. Then the quiet in November post exams" (ANU Librarian)
- “I feel really productive during late night study-sessions in Hancock. I love that it is open 24/7 now” (ANU student)
- “I love the Rare book collection in the Menzies Library. It is like Aladdin’s cave full of amazing treasures, and you never know what you might discover!” (ANU staff)