We are one library, with five specialised library branches.
Get to know your Library branch
Go on a quick video tour – showing you the places, spaces and facilities in each of our branches:
- JB Chifley Library branch
- RG Menzies Library branch
- Law Library branch
- WK Hancock Library branch
- Art & Music Library branch
We are also running a number of branch tours and information sessions on campus – check the full schedule online.
Library services to get you started
Want to know where to start when using the ANU Library? You can access a huge range of information in one spot on our Services for Students webpage.
Discover our online resources
The ANU Library has a huge range of collections and resources that can be accessed online:
- SuperSearch provides a single search across the Library collection — including journal and newspaper articles; books; book chapters; book reviews; dissertations and electronic resources such as websites and free online journals.
- The Library Catalogue contains all items and subscriptions, including print journals and e-books, owned or licensed by the Library.
- Full text journals and newspaper titles are available through the Library in electronic form.
- E-resources and databases are electronic information repositories that can include collections of electronic journals and books; indexes; or multimedia publications.
- Subject guides are available on broad range of disciplines.
- How to guides will help you find resources and improve your research and study skills.
Access materials from off-campus
Eligible ANU staff and students living across Australia and overseas can request items such as books and other physical resources, copies of chapters, journal articles and other materials through the off-campus borrowing service.
Library branch opening hours
Library opening hours will change on 24 February to mark the start of Semester 1. Opening hours for all branches are available on the Library website. Don’t forget – the Chifley and Hancock library branches are both accessible 24/7.
Renew your books online and return them on time
Make sure you return library books on time, including the course reserve items.
Get in touch with one of our subject specialists for assistance with your area of study.