Due to library closures around Australia and New Zealand to slow the spread of COVID-19, Bonus+ will be unavailable until 15 July 2020.
If you have a BONUS+ book on loan, you can renew it up to six times to extend your loan period.
BONUS+ is a free resource-sharing service that allows ANU students and staff to borrow selected library material from a consortia of participating Australian and New Zealand university libraries and pick it up from one of our branches.
BONUS+ is not available through our Off-campus Service.
How to request
- Search the ANU Library catalogue.
- If the book is not held by the ANU Library or our copy is unavailable, select the BONUS+ logo. Selecting the logo repeats the search in the BONUS+ catalogue.
- Select Request this item.
- Select Australian National University from the drop down menu and then Submit.
- Enter your ANU ID and password.
- Choose your Pickup Location and then Submit.
How many BONUS+ books can I request?
||Number of active requests
|Postgraduate & Higher degree
BONUS+ borrowing conditions
- The loan period is 21 days
- A request is active from the time the request is placed until the book is received back at the lending BONUS+ library. There is no annual limit to BONUS+ requests.
- Two renewals are permitted if no one else has requested the book
- Items must be returned to your home library by the due date. Books that are returned late will incur a fine.
- A non-refundable charge of AU$220.00 will be imposed for lost and billed BONUS+ books. Replacement books are not accepted. The charge may also apply for damaged books at the discretion of the owning library.
When can I collect my book?
- Books will be available within 3-5 working days (up to 7 days if arriving from New Zealand).
- You will receive an email when it is ready for pickup.
- Books must be collected within 7 days. If you do not collect the book within 7 days it will be sent back to the lending institution.
- Pick up times are strictly controlled by the BONUS+ service and cannot be extended.
Where can I collect my book?
BONUS+ books will be held at the Information desk at your nominated pickup location.
How can I renew, cancel or check my BONUS+ request?
BONUS+ items are checked out on your ANU Library borrowing record and can be renewed (maximum of two times), cancelled or checked by logging in to My Library Record.
- A status of READY means the book is ready for pickup.
- If a BONUS+ book you have on loan has a hold, the book can't be renewed.
- BONUS+ items can be returned to any ANU Library branch. All BONUS+ books that are returned late will incur a fine.
Note: your BONUS+ books will stay visible and count towards your total requests until it reaches its home library.
Can my BONUS+ book be recalled?
Your BONUS+ book can't be recalled but it can be requested by another borrower. If requested by another borrower you will be unable to renew it and you must return it by the due date.
What if I lose a BONUS+ book?
- A non-refundable charge of AU$220.00 will be imposed for lost and billed BONUS+ books.
- Replacement books are not accepted.
- The charge may also apply for damaged books at the discretion of the owning library.
- Please contact ANU Library staff.
I returned a number of BONUS+ books today but I can't request more
You may have reached your maximum number of active requests. A request is active from the time the request is placed until the book is received back at the lending BONUS+ library, so you may need to wait a few days until your books are received back at the lending libraries before you can place more requests.
I can't find a book in our catalogue or through BONUS+
If a book isn’t available through the ANU Library catalogue or BONUS+, you can request it via the Document Supply Service. You may also suggest the library purchases the book by using the Suggest a purchase form.
- Auckland University of Technology
- Deakin University
- Federation University Australia
- Griffith University
- Massey University
- Murdoch University
- University of Melbourne
- University of Newcastle
- University of Tasmania
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of Wollongong