Chifley Library Level 4 reopened
We are pleased to advise that Level 4 of the Chifley Library has been reopened.
While work to repair the roof following hail damage continues, the construction no longer prevents access to Level 4. This represents a significant milestone of the roof repair process, and we are thrilled to welcome students back to all levels of Chifley.
The ANU community can now access allour collections, study spaces, group study rooms, and the Parenting Room.
Thank you to the construction crew, facilities and services teams, and Library staff for their hard work during this time to improve our spaces and maintain access to our resources throughout construction.
While the One Button Studio is no longer available, you can access recording facilities in study rooms 4.06 and 4.07. Book these rooms using our online booking system.
- We received clearance from the Environmental inspection on the internal Level 4, which tested the air quality for asbestos and mould.
- Level 4 has been given additional deep cleaning.
- A city crane will be onsite today (Thursday 13 April), and a large 100 tonne crane will be onsite on Saturday 15 April.
- While rain has caused minor delays, the copper installation is still on track.
- The construction team has continued liaising with representatives from the Law Library regarding the upcoming roofing works for the College of Law building.
Visit the hail repair updates webpage for more information about upcoming works.
Thank you for your patience during this process.
Please get in touch with Library staff if you have any questions or concerns.