About the Catalogue
The Library Catalogue contains all items and subscriptions owned or licensed by the ANU Library.
The Catalogue search is a subset of SuperSearch using filters to limit results to only Library Catalogue resources.
Catalogue records hold all the information about an item and are displayed in three parts:
- title/author, publisher and edition
- access information
- further details.
Each item in the Catalogue has a call number telling you where an item can be found within a specific Library branch.
- Enter your search on the homepage—you can use a phrase, a few words, or something complex.
- Selecting Search lets you choose another type of search—for example title, author, subject, ISBN/ISSN.
- Selecting Include lets you can choose a different scope of material to search—for example electronic only, journals only, electronic journals.
- Once results have been generated, select a title for more details.
- To email results to yourself, select the check box for the results you want and select save marked records to email them to yourself or print them out.
- Filter results by Library to locate physical holdings in a specific Library branch.
- Narrow your search topic—in the Keyword search, use more specific words or add words using AND.
- Broaden your search—in the Keyword search, combine synonyms, related terms or ideas using OR.
- Consider alternative spellings and variant word endings—in the Keyword search, find these using wildcard and truncation symbols, for example colo?r, comput*.
- Use a Subject search to find related material.