The ANU Library has a number of short-term lockers for ANU students, staff and other registered Library users.
Lockers are also available for year-loans for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students and students registered with the Access and Inclusion Office.
By using these lockers, you agree to abide by the conditions of use listed below. ANU Library reserves the right to open a locker at any time to ensure they do not contain banned items (food or liquids, hazardous materials, missing library material). Regular locker checks will be conducted.
JB Chifley Library
Short term lockers available on Level 1
There are 216 self-managed short term lockers: simply find a free locker, store your belongings, and follow the instructions to create your combination.
Access and Inclusion lockers available on Level 2
There are 16 lockers available for year-loans for students registered with the Access and Inclusion Office. Please contact the Access and Inclusion Office to organise access to a locker.
Postgraduate lockers available on Level 4
There are 82 lockers available for year-loans to Postgraduate Students. These lockers are accessible from O Week (February) until the final exam period (November).
To organise access to a locker, speak to Library staff at the Chifley Information Desk. You will be asked to fill in a locker registration form and agree to the terms and conditions of use.
RG Menzies Library
Lockers available on Levels 3 and 4
There are 40 lockers available for year-loans to both Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students. These lockers are accessible from O Week (February) until the final exam period (November).
To organise access to a locker, speak to Library staff at the Menzies Information Desk. You will be asked to fill in a locker registration form and agree to the terms and conditions of use.
There are a number of lockers outside of the Law Library that are managed by the College of Law. ANU Law Students can direct any enquiries about using these lockers to the ANU College of Law Services Office.
Conditions of use
- We recommend you do not keep valuable items in lockers. The ANU Library does not accept any responsibility for personal items left in lockers.
- Food and drinks are not to be stored in lockers. Any food found will be disposed of.
- Library material that is not on loan to you must not be stored in the lockers.
- No hazardous materials are to be stored in lockers.
- All short-term lockers must be emptied one week prior to the end-of-year University shutdown.
- All year-loan lockers are to be emptied and keys returned at the end of semester, according to the due date.
- Library staff may periodically open lockers to check for material that is not to be stored in the lockers.