Hail repair update
Law Library scaffolding will start on Monday 14 August and take around 3 weeks to complete. Copper removal and replacement will follow.
Once work commences on the roof, Level 2 of the Law Library will be inaccessible to students or staff for the duration of building works. This will likely start during the semester break, and we will provide an update when dates are finalised.
What will be impacted?
- The physical Library collection on Level 2 will be restricted, and unable to browse.
- The Level 2 group study rooms and Law Seminar Room will be unavailable.
- The toilets and hot/cold water will be unavailable.
24-hour access will remain to Level 1 (the ground floor) during construction. This includes the information desk, study areas, Level 1 collections, MFDs, computer areas, and return chutes.
As we get closer to the roof works, signs and promotional materials will be issued to advise of any changes.
How will I access library materials?
We have negotiated with Construction Control to run a retrieval service. We have experience with this process, as a similar service was run in Chifley Library last semester. There may be slight delays in accessing physical items from Level 2 – we anticipate 24-hour turnaround times.
Identified textbooks for Semester 2 courses will be moved to Level 1 to facilitate ease of access. Note to College of Law academics: if you have other physical titles which are likely to be used during Semester 2 (e.g. for assignment topics), please email email@example.com and we can arrange for those items to be stored on Level 1.
Art & Music Library
- A crane will be onsite on Tuesday 15 August.
- Temporary heating and cooling has been installed.
- A crane will be onsite from 6.30am to 12.30pm on Thursday 17 August.
- The first layers of the roof have been lifted and the contractors were pleased to find the substrate in very good condition (this will make the work easier).
- Scaffolding is now complete.
- The program will be issued shortly once the roofers have started and more accurate duration predications can be made.
- During the re-roof works on the courtyard area, there will be exclusion zones in place. Areas will be confirmed closer to the works.
Visit the hail repair updates webpage for more information about upcoming works.
Please get in touch with Library staff if you have any questions or concerns.