Update on hail repairs
30 Jun 2023
- The scaffolding should be completely down by the end of next week (weather permitting).
- Scaffolding will go up around the Law building from 17 July.
- When the scaffold reaches roof level, the first activity undertaken will be removal of asbestos. This will be completed as per all legislative requirements with exclusion zones, controlled conditions, air monitoring, etc.
- Building closures may be required during this time including the Law Link Theatre and possibly theLibrary. All staff and Library clients will be advised when the details and dates are confirmed.
- Scaffolding installation will commence 3 July and is expected to take 4 to 8 weeks (weather dependent).
- The high roof section will commencefirst and take approximately a month to complete.
- A waterproof bubble structure will be installed to protect the Rare Books collection on Level 4 during roofing works.
- Work dates for the low roof section are still being finalised. It is likely that small sections will be closed at a time to avoid impacts on services or access.
- New carpet will be installed in public areas on the ground floor.
Art & Music
- Scaffolding installation has been delayed due to weather. It is now set to commence on Monday 10 July.
- Exclusion zones will be set up in individual areas impacted by scaffolding. The Library will remain accessible during this time.
Visit the hail repair updates webpage for more information about upcoming works.
Please get in touch with Library staff if you have any questions or concerns.