Update on hail repairs - Chifley Library
The 2020 hailstorm caused damage to a large number of buildings on the ANU campus, including ANU Library buildings.
Work to repair the Chifley Library roof is currently taking place.
Below is an update on works and what can be expected during this process.
Week starting Monday 10 October
- Works this week were delayed due to wet weather.
- Scaffolding has been progressing around the building.
- Additional hoardings are being built at the staff entrance near the concrete stairs.
- The sample of the metal roofing material has arrived. The heritage architect has approved the sample and it will now be issued to the University for final approval.
Week starting Monday 17 October
- A boom lift will be active on Monday 17 October from 7am to continue with spandrel removal works.
- Scaffolding will continue to be installed.
- There will be no crane on site this week.
Access to Chifley Library
Chifley Library cannot be accessed via the balcony during this period of construction work. Please use the main entrance off the bridge from Kambri.
We ask that you pay attention to all signs and listen to any directions provided by ANU Security. These are provided for your safety.
Impacts during construction
- The Chifley Library will remain open and have staff available to assist you during this period.
- There will be periods of loud metal-on-metal banging while scaffolding is installed. We recommend you use one of our other branches during this time if quiet study is preferred.
- All timeframes are approximate, and there may be delays depending on weather conditions and other site factors.
The ANU Library thanks you for your support and patience during this process.
Please get in touch with Library staff if you have any questions or concerns.