Work to repair the Chifley Library roof has commenced again for 2023. Regular updates will continue to be provided here for the duration of this project.
Update on work
- Work has been progressing well, from very early in the morning to minimise disruption. The main metal section is now complete and the roof is watertight.
- Two additional loading bays have been installed.
- Plywood and waterproofing work is progressing well to the copper mansard roof section.
- The painter has inspected the temporary parents room, which will be repainted soon.
- On Wednesday 8 March, a large 100 tonne crane will be onsite from early in the morning until approximately 8am. All relevant stakeholders have been notified.
- On Friday 10 March, a small city crane will be onsite at the end of Joplin Lane. All relevant stakeholders have been notified.
Access to Chifley Level 4
Level 4 of Chifley has been blocked off for safety purposes and will remain inaccessible throughout the construction period. If you require resources from Level 4, please submit a retrieval request.
Thank you for your patience during this process.
Please get in touch with Library staff if you have any questions or concerns.