The 2020 hailstorm caused damage to many buildings on the ANU campus, including ANU Library buildings.
Work to repair the Chifley Library roof is currently taking place.
Below is an update on works and what can be expected during this process. All timeframes are approximate, and there may be delays depending on weather conditions and other site factors.
Update on work
- The construction team visited the roofing contractors’ workshop to inspect the copper, tapered battens, and metal roofing products.
- Work will recommence on 21 November, after exams have finished.
- The last part of external scaffolding will be installed, so work can commence on the roofing component from 25 November.
- A large crane will be onsite Saturday 26 November.
Access to Level 4
- The top floor of Chifley (Level 4) will be inaccessible during construction.
- If you require resources from Level 4 during construction, there will be a retrieval service.
- More information will be provided on the Library website and social media once details have been finalised.
The ANU Library thanks you for your support and patience during this process.
Please get in touch with Library staff if you have any questions or concerns.