Update on hail repairs - Chifley Library
The 2020 hailstorm caused damage to many buildings on the ANU campus, including ANU Library buildings.
Work to repair the Chifley Library roof is currently taking place. Below is an update on works and what can be expected during this process. All timeframes are approximate, and there may be delays depending on weather conditions and other site factors.
Update on work
- Progress of roof works is going well, and the team are ahead of schedule.
- Hazmat removal is progressing to the far northern and western sides. To date, around 60-70% of material has been removed.
- There was significant rainfall over the weekend, which resulted in two leaks to the roof. The construction team did a fantastic job in triaging and putting temporary fixes in place.
- The roof remediation that has already occurred has been successful during this rainfall, protecting the fourth floor from significant leaks.
- On Friday 16 December, a small crane will be on site.
- On Monday 19 December, a large crane will be on site. The Chifley Library and other businesses on Joplin Lane will still be accessible, but minor interruptions are expected.
Access to Chifley Level 4
- Level 4 of Chifley has been blocked off for safety purposes and will remain inaccessible throughout the construction period. If you require resources from Level 4, please submit a retrieval request.
Thank you for your patience during this process.
Please get in touch with Library staff if you have any questions or concerns.