Work to repair the Chifley Library roof has commenced in 2023. Regular updates will continue to be provided for the duration of this project.
Notes below from today’s meeting
- Final hip end (western end) being constructed this week and early next week.
- Main metal roof nearing completion.
- The environmental consultant confirmed that there’s no mould present within the carpet on the top floor. Air monitoring results for mould were all clear.
- It was agreed and confirmed that the carpet on the top floor will be steamed cleaned at the end of the internal works. Ad hoc carpet tiles can be replaced as required.
- We’re anticipating the next crane event to be on Saturday 25/02/23.
- Partial drop of the scaffold could commence on 6/02 – 11/02 with Joplin Lane works from 6:00am – 11:00am. The scaffold crew will then move onto the quieter parts on the building (southern and western side). There will be no Joplin Lane works during O week.
- Copper roof section to follow.
- A second loading bay will be installed at the end of February. This will be to the left of the bridge entrance. ANU F&S team have approved the location. Refer to attached PDF for further information.