Happy New Year!
Work to repair the Chifley Library roof has commenced again for 2023. Regular updates will continue to be provided here for the duration of this project.
Update on work
- Unfortunately, there were a number of storms over the Christmas break. There were leaks and water damage in the Chifley, Menzies, Law, and Hancock branches. Very few collection items were damaged, but there has been damage to roof tiles, walls, carpets, some lighting fixtures, and furniture.
- We thank the construction team, as well as facilities and library staff for their quick work to minimise damage and put additional preventative measures into place.
- Work is progressing well. The construction team is on track to complete the metal roof in February, then progress to the copper roof and the eaves.
- On Saturday 14 January, a large crane will be on site.
- A temporary parenting room is being established on Level 2. Works are expected to take place on Thursday and Friday, there will be some noise during this time.
- Discussions are taking place regarding the replacement of carpet on Level 4.
Access to Chifley Level 4
- Level 4 of Chifley has been blocked off for safety purposes and will remain inaccessible throughout the construction period. If you require resources from Level 4, please submit a retrieval request.
Thank you for your patience during this process.
Please get in touch with Library staff if you have any questions or concerns.