- cite all material that you use - reference accurately
- make material available to students in accordance with licenses, fair dealing or other permissions
- link to library subscribed resources and other resources rather than copying the material into the learning management system or a local system
- ensure required notices are displayed, for example for specific statutory license notices
- Library staff can assist with e-reserves as well as print reserves
- Library staff can assist with general advice on copyright
- limit access to registered students.
The Australian National University is committed to compliance with the Copyright Act 1968 and upholding the rights of creators and users of copyright material.
A copyright guide (PDF, 361KB) and slide presentation (PPTX 1.56MB) have been prepared to assist teaching staff to understand the basics of copyright for teaching purposes.
A multimedia and copyright presentation (PDF, 1MB) is available to assist teaching staff.
If you need advice in relation to a University copyright matter and your question has not been resolved after reviewing the materials in this guide, you may refer your question to the ANU Copyright Officer for further assistance.
ANU Copyright Officer:
T: 02 6125 2003