Document Supply Service
ANU staff and students can request to borrow copies of materials not held by the ANU Library from other libraries via the Document Supply Service (DSS). This includes books, CDs, DVDs or microforms, conference proceedings, theses, reports or copies of chapters, journal articles or other material subject to copyright limits.
Copies will be accessed in your profile on the ANU Library search and discovery platform. Once signed-in (top right corner), click on your name and My Requests to download the resource.
Loaned items can be picked up from your preferred ANU Library branch. ANU staff and students who are eligible and registered with the Off-campus Service can select Home Address as their pickup location for physical resources to be delivered within Australia. Physical resources from other libraries can only be sent overseas with the permission of the lending library.
Before you request an item
- Check the Library Catalogue to ensure the item is not held by the ANU Library.
- Check Trove to see if the resource is available locally. Please note:
- ANU staff and students can borrow from many other university libraries in the ACT, Australia and New Zealand.
- National Library of Australia (NLA) physical resources can be viewed at the NLA but cannot be borrowed. Digital copies (such as an article, book chapter, or limited number of pages) can be arranged as an interlibrary loan.
- Check if payment is required. Service costs will apply for:
- rush requests
- material from overseas institutions
- requests from ANU undergraduate students and Alumni.
Requesting an item
- Sign in to the ANU Library search and discovery platform and search for the item you require.
- If you are unable to find what you need, click Search Outside ANU to extend your search beyond the ANU Library collections. You will find this link at the top of the results page.
- From the results, you can select Request it from other libraries. Options for requesting the item will be displayed if you are signed in.
- If the resource you require is not appearing in these results, select Click here to send a request and fill in the form.
- For rush requests, add a note in the comment field of the form.
- If you are eligible for the Off-campus Service, Home address will appear as an option under Pickup location.
For enquiries, including requests for renewals and cancellations:
Document Supply Service
ANU Law Library
5 Fellows Road
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 2600
T +61 (02) 6125 4630