Eligible students from other universities and TAFES in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) as well as from interstate can register to borrow from the ANU Library as part of two reciprocal borrowing programs.
ACTUAL reciprocal borrowing program
This program allows eligible students and staff from ACT universities and TAFES to borrow in person from the participating university and academic libraries.
Eligible students and staff at ACT universities can register as ACTUAL members by visiting the relevant Library and providing proof of enrolment or employment at their home institution.
ULANZ borrowing scheme
The ANU Library is a member of University Libraries of Australia and New Zealand (ULANZ), which allows students and staff from member universities outside the ACT to borrow from any participating Australian and New Zealand university library.
Annual ULANZ membership is $50 per person and is valid for the academic year (March 1 to February 28 the following year).
To become a member and borrow from the ANU Library visit the Information Desk in any branch Library and:
- bring your home institution ID card or,
- bring photo ID and proof that you are a current student or employee or,
- be able to log into the staff or student portal of your home institution.
What can you borrow and for how long?
- ULANZ members can borrow up to 15 items from the ANU Library’s general collection for a period of 4 weeks (this does not include serials; electronic resource; reserve items (2 hour and 2 day loans); audiovisual materials, or teaching resource material held in the Art & Music Library).
- Fines & penalties apply to all items not returned by the due date. Information about fines incurred at the ANU Library will be forwarded to your home institution’s library where they may also impose penalties against you.
- ULANZ members may obtain items held by other libraries within Australia and overseas via Document Supply Services for a fee.